Wednesday, November 30, 2011

INTERESTING.

In the “Weaving Individual Performance Pieces into a Show” reading, I have come up with some ideas. The “Finales” section is what stuck out to me the most. Probably because the finale is one of the most important parts of the entire show. “The actors will generally be able to seize upon some aspect of it that offers a glimmer of hope,” the author says. Hope. This gets me thinking about what I want the character to leave the audience thinking when the show is over. Is our hope just for the Theatre program’s future, or our individual future, or could we tie something deeper into the moral later on?

“...Gives them courage, instills faith, or inspires them to rededicate themselves to the challenge ahead.” The article also says that returning to a previous part of the show with great emphasis makes for an epic finale. I really like the idea of that. Since our show is about the arts, and standing against sports, and “the man,” I think faith is definitely something that should be apart of our show. Maybe someone could have faith in God, another have faith in the arts, another faith in sports, and so on. Faith could become a theme in the show, and I think faith is something that everyone can relate too. Everyone has faith, even if it’s just in a photo, or a person, or a dog, right?

The last paragraph says it all, “If the group hasn’t created a piece that fits the bill, design one now!” This is something I am really excited about. This section gives great advice, and I think we as actors should discuss what experiences in our lives have given us these glimmers of hope, and what has really instilled faith within us. Then we could come up with unbelievably epic finale, which would be insane as a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment